Movie Reviews

In an effort to post the reviews in a more timely manner, I've created a simple blog of just my movie reviews. Let's hope I can keep current. Make sure to check Robin's World (thebigfatcat.com) for the complete list.

Friday, September 30, 2011

August Movie #4: Winnie the Pooh

Starring the voices of: John Cleese, Jim Cummings, Bud Luckey, Craig Ferguson
Directed By: Stephen J. Anderson, Don Hall
Run Time: 1 hour 3 minutes

Winnie the Pooh  is about Winnie's quest to get some honey. And Eeyore needs a new tail.

The nice thing about this movie is that the theater understood its audience. They did not show any previews. There is a short cartoon before the movie and then bam - movie. And this movie is just a little over an hour, perfect for little ones.

The movie opens on a phenomenally sweet note - a sweet song sung by Zooey Deschanel. And it only gets better from there. What was not to love? Winnie the Pooh sings a duet - with his TUMMY! Eeyore has some wonderfully melancholy, classically deadpan lines. I love Eeyore. And Piglet does not say "Oh, I can't do that because I'm too small." I am not a Piglet fan... and this movie made even Piglet tolerable. I dare say I even liked Piglet. Excellent character development. We got to know and love each character. Pooh is such a mellow, sweet guy.

If you can't tell, I absolutely loved this movie. It was such a simply plot. It was a sweet story.  I am so glad saw it on the big screen. Big, bright, beautiful Tigger, Winnie, Eeyore, Owl, Kanga, Roo, and Rabbit (and Piglet). The honey hallucinating scene was quite splendid. I loved Christopher Robin's room during the credits with toys reenacting scenes from the movie.

I am definitely going to buy this one.  So good!



No comments:

Post a Comment