Movie Reviews

In an effort to post the reviews in a more timely manner, I've created a simple blog of just my movie reviews. Let's hope I can keep current. Make sure to check Robin's World (thebigfatcat.com) for the complete list.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

December Movie #2: The Muppets

Starring: Jason Segel, Amy Adams, Chris Cooper
Directed By: James Bobin
Run Time: 1 hr 43 mins

The Muppets is about a human brother (Segel), his girlfriend (Adams), and his Muppet brother who uncover a Texas oilman's plot to buy Muppet Studio, under the guise of fixing it up, but intending to tear it down to drill for oil. Gary, Mary, and Walter seek to put the Muppet gang back together to raise money to buy Muppet Studios before the Texas oilman (played by Cooper) can.

I was so excited for this movie to open. Who doesn't love a Muppet movie? This one was cute, charming, hokey, sweet, and fun. I always love who stars in a Muppet movie. So many cameos! I kept waiting for Steve Martin to show up because he's been in practically every Muppet movie but he didn't. THAT disappointed me. Speaking of cameos, I thought Neil Patrick Harris had more of a role but he didn't. He's in previews for the movie as a seemingly real character. Again, a little disappointed with someone who wasn't in the movie (and not necessarily with the people who were actually in it). This movie definitely had the ol' Muppet movie feel to it - lighthearted, entertaining, funny, and with great songs. Man or Muppet is an incredibly funny song. So well done.

I now own this movie and my little nephew knows who Kermit is (his parents taught him that). Another generation embraces the skinny green frog!



No comments:

Post a Comment