Movie Reviews

In an effort to post the reviews in a more timely manner, I've created a simple blog of just my movie reviews. Let's hope I can keep current. Make sure to check Robin's World (thebigfatcat.com) for the complete list.

Monday, May 14, 2012

October Movie #4: Dolphin Tail

Starring: Nathan Gamble, Cozi Zuehlsdorff, Harry Connick Jr., Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman
Directed By: Charles Martin Smith
Run Time: 1 hour 53 mins

This movie is based on the true life events of a boy who befriends a dolphin who has her tail amputated.

I loved that Winter the dolphin played herself. And I really loved that she got an opening credit.

Stay for the credits because they show the actual footage of Winter's rescue and recovery. She was teeny tiny when she was found! She was much bigger in the movie (because she was playing herself). When you see the actual footage, you see some differences between reality and the movie, which then made me wonder how much of the movie was made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment