Movie Reviews

In an effort to post the reviews in a more timely manner, I've created a simple blog of just my movie reviews. Let's hope I can keep current. Make sure to check Robin's World (thebigfatcat.com) for the complete list.

Monday, May 14, 2012

October Movie #6: 50/50


Starring: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dallas Howard, Anjelica Huston
Directed By: Will Reiser
Run Time: 1 hr 40 min

50/50 is based on true life events, about how two people cope with cancer, the one who has it, and the one who is the friend and supporter.

I liked that Adam was a bit like me - didn't cross against the light. There are people like me out there! This is a very funny movie... And sad. The ending had me with tears in my eyes, which was the first for me during the movie, considering it's about cancer. Very good character development. I really liked the reveal of Kyle. Why was Skeletor played by two different dogs? I liked him. It's a very well told story. There were times when I laughed and was the only one laughing, which made me think, am I supposed to be laughing here? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. Laugh. It's supposed to be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment